As the filming of Episode VIII is still under way and we’re entering the long wait for more Rogue One news, there’s no major news but loads of fun tidbits:
- No one was accepting angry fanboys’ response to the Rogue One trailer (Uproxx)
- Mark Hamill does a Yoda (The Verge)
- Oscar Isaac is excited about Ep VIII and Rian Johnson (I09)
- The Ep VIII received a royal visit (The Guardian)
- Viewers loved the final episode of Star Wars: Rebels (Variety)
- George Lucas on the importance of R2-D2 (IGN)
So, what have we here at Clone Corridor been up to?
We’ve got an absolutely stunning Fanart of the Week for you today! The moment I saw it I knew I wanted to share it with. This particular one is a pastel drawing of Padme Amidala by Dizzy Dezi:
Isn’t it amazing? Not only does it capture Portman really well but I also feel like the drawing capture’s Padme’s character really well.Dizzy Desi also wrote:
I think Queen Amidala’s costumes were my favorite and most memorable part of the prequels for the Star Wars stories. I remember my mom buying me a Padme Amidala doll where you can switch her face to her painted “Queen” face and her normal face.
You can also find her on Twitter! And what I also love is that there’s a Youtube video of the painting being made, which is a great look into how art is made!
One thought on “Weekly Round-Up”
Regarding the Padmé painting – while very nice, it’s actually a near copy of the original art by Tsuneo Sanda. I have one of his prints – it’s called Elegant Amidala and was actually even for sale at the SW Official Site.